- Thank a sales clerk for going the extra mile to help you find that unique item on the shelf
- Thank a teacher or librarian, who made a lasting impact on your life (even if it was decades ago!)
- Tuck a note into a book, thanking the reader for expanding her knowledge
- Thank a coworker for complimenting your outfit and lifting your spirits on a dull day
- Thank your mom, dad, or grandparent for teaching you something valuable
Do you know what makes my world a little better? Finding a handwritten note in my mailbox! Email and texting is a convenience I could not live without, but there's something about pen to paper that makes any gesture feel that much more special. You don't have to wait for a special occasion either. Here are some fun "just because" thank you notes to send:
What is the best "Thank You" you've received? Let me know in the comments below, and Thank YOU for reading and for supporting the Library. It's not too late to Build a Better world and sign up for Summer Reading at the Library- online or at your favorite branch!
This Summer Reading season, the Library is challenging you to Build a Better World! Sometimes that starts right where you are. You don't have to be a pro at interior design to Beautify Your Space. In her book, Spark Joy, New York Times Best Selling author Marie Kondo says: "If you don't know what brings you joy, start with things close to your heart." I know I feel a million times better when my office is tidy and accented with things like flowers, beautiful books, and sentimental pieces given to me by friends and family. Try it out and see how you feel, and don't forget to mark it off your Summer Reading game-board for your chance to win prizes!
Alison is the Consumer Health Librarian for the
Submit your questions, explore recipes, and discover more ways that your Library can connect you to healthy living!